1 tablespoon oil
2 cups chopped vegetables, fresh, frozen or canned (try a mixture - celery, mushrooms, water chestnuts, bok choy, cabbage, zucchini, carrot or broccoli)
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 thin slices ginger root, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup cooked ground turkey or turkey breast cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/2 teaspoon sugar
3 cups cooked brown rice or whole grain noodles
1. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet).
2. Add vegetables, garlic, ginger root and salt. Stir fry for 2 to 4 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to prevent scorching. Add cooked turkey and sugar. Cook until vegetables are tender and turkey is heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Serve warm over rice or noodles.
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours
I tried this recipe with tofu instead of turkey or chicken, and I thought it was tastier. You could really taste the flavors of the fresh ginger and garlic better. A great recipe that makes a TON of food, too.
More About Cabbage
How to Select
Buy whole in a head or shredded. Choose cabbage heads with tight leaves that are heavy for their size.
How to Store
Keep fresh cabbage in the refrigerator up to 7 days.
How to Prepare
Remove thick outer leaves. Rinse in cold water. Shred raw cabbage for use in salads, such as coleslaw. Cook cabbage and add it to soups and stews. Cabbage can also be pickled to make sauerkraut.
You Might Also Like
Lentil Mango Salad
Very flexible dish as you can use mangoes, apples or another fruit depending on the season!