4 medium sweet potatoes
1 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 Tablespoon canola oil
Non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Scrub and rinse sweet potatoes. Pat dry with a paper or kitchen towel.
3. Leaving skin on, cut sweet potatoes into thick French fry strips, about 1/2 -inch wide.
4. In a large bowl, mix paprika, salt, ground black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Add oil. Blend with a fork until there are no lumps.
5. Add sweet potato strips to the bowl. Toss until they are coated on all sides.
6. Coat baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place sweet potatoes in a single layer on the sheet.
7. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn fries over and bake another 10-15 minutes, or until fries are tender.
For easier cleanup, line the baking sheet with a layer of aluminum foil. Coat with non-stick cooking spray before placing the sweet potatoes on the sheet. White baking potatoes can be used in place of all or part of the sweet potatoes. For milder flavor, dust the potatoes with 1 teaspoons of curry powder and teaspoon of salt in place of the cayenne seasoning. For the crispiest fries, be sure sweet potatoes do not lie on top of each other on the baking sheet. You may need to cook in two batches