1 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 cups diced potatoes
6 cups diced kale
3 tablespoons chopped scallions
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
Large frying pan, cutting board, knife, measuring cups, measuring spoons, large spoon
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
2. Add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add kale and cook for 5 more minutes.
4. Add 1 cup of water, cover, and cook 5 more minutes.
5. Mash potatoes and kale until smooth.
6. Add scallions, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!
8. Refrigerate leftovers.
More About Kale
How to Select
Choose dark colored kale bunches with small to medium leaves. Avoid brown or yellow leaves.
How to Store
Store kale in a plastic bag in the coldest part of the fridge for 3-5 days.
How to Prepare
Rinse thoroughly. Remove leaves from stalk. Chop. Eat raw: Chop in salads, wraps, pitas, and sandwiches. Eat cooked: Steam, microwave or boil, saute or stir-fry, braise in flavored broth.
You Might Also Like
Pasta with Beans and Greens
Use any of your favorite hearty greens in this cool-weather dish. You could try kale, an excellent source of vitamin A and vitamin C!