8 lasagna noodles (or 4 cups of any other type of pasta), uncooked
1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta or cottage cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 1/4 tablespoons Italian seasoning
1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
10 ounces of frozen thawed spinach (squeeze dry) or chopped broccoli
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook the noodles as directed on the package. Drain and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning.
3. Do NOT turn on stove top until all layers have been added.
4. Spread half of the jar of sauce in an un-greased deep-dish skillet. Top with half the cooked noodles (4 lasagna noodles).
5. Spread half of the cheese mixture over noodles. Top with half the spinach or broccoli.
6. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese over the vegetables.
7. Repeat with the remaining noodles, the remaining cheese mixture, the remaining sauce, the vegetables, and the remaining mozzarella cheese.
8. Sprinkle with the rest of the parmesan cheese. Cover.
9. Turn on stove top to medium low until the cheese is melted (approximately 20 minutes).Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Make this recipe in an electric skillet; cook at 250-275 degrees for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
More About Spinach
How to Select
Choose fresh, crisp, green bunches with no evidence of insect damage.
How to Store
Remove blemished leaves, rinse, dry and refrigerate in a plastic bag with some air holes for use within 3-5 days. Freeze: Blanch, cool, and freeze in plastic bags.
How to Prepare
Rinse greens in cold water. Dry well; pat between towels, or use a salad spinner. Eat raw: Add to salads, wraps, pitas, and sandwiches. Eat cooked: Steam, microwave, boil, saut, stir-fry, braise, or pure. Add to casseroles, soups, dips, sauces, and pasta, rice, and egg dishes. Cook with olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice.