4 root vegetables (choose a variety from potatoes, rutabagas, turnips, parsnips, beets, sweet potatoes, etc.) (medium)
2 carrot (chopped)
1 onion (medium, chopped)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut vegetables into large chunks.
3. Place in a medium bowl and pour oil over top. Add seasonings or Parmesan and mix well.
4. Spread an even layer on a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until tender. Check a few vegetables to see if they are tender.
A variety of root vegetables like sweet potatoes, beets, and turnips make this colorful dish festive and nutritious.
More About Red Potatoes
How to Select
Look for firm, well-shaped and fairly smooth potatoes. Avoid potatoes that have wrinkles.
How to Store
Do not wash for storage. Do not store with onions. Place in a paper bag, or in a plastic bag with some air holes. Store potatoes in a cool, dark, well-ventilated place, or refrigerate. Can last up to 5 months.
How to Prepare
Scrub gently under water. Skin has many nutrients. If peeling, first remove any sprouts. Carve out any green spots. Steam, microwave, boil, bake, saut, roast, or mash. Add to casseroles, soups, stews, and curry dishes.
You Might Also Like
Popeye Power Smoothie
This smoothie is rich in iron from the spinach and vitamin C from the orange and pineapple juice.