3 ripe bananas
3 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 teaspoons honey
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 (8-inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
Non-stick cooking spray
1. Peel and slice bananas about 1/4-inch thick.
2. In a small bowl, stir together peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon.
3. Lay tortillas flat. Spread about 1 Tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture on one half of each tortilla.
4. Divide banana slices evenly among tortillas. Arrange in a single layer over peanut butter mixture. Fold each tortilla in half.
5. Coat a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat.
6. Place folded tortillas in the skillet. Cook for 12 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
More About Bananas
How to Select
Choose bananas with slight green on stem and tip. They should be firm, without bruises. Ripens after harvest.
How to Store
Store unripe bananas at room temperature. Store ripe bananas in refrigerator for up to two weeks; skin may turn black.
How to Prepare
Rinse and peel before eating. Bananas brown quickly once opened so be sure to open and cut close to serving time.
You Might Also Like
Cabbage and Dill Salad
Add any leftover cabbage from this recipe to soups, salads and sandwiches for a nice crunch!
Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins
Not your average muffin, these treats are loaded with pumpkin and cranberries.