2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon allspice
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, large (large)
3/4 cup pumpkin (canned)
2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen chopped)
Large mixing bowl
Medium mixing bowl
Flour sifter (optional)
Paper muffin cup liners
Food processor or chopping knife
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Sift together dry ingredients (flour through allspice) and set aside.
3. Beat oil, eggs, and pumpkin together until well blended.
4. Add the wet ingredients (pumpkin mixture) to the dry ingredients all at once. Stir until moistened.
5. Fold in chopped cranberries.
6. Spoon into paper lined muffin cups.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 30 minutes.
Swap regular flour for whole-wheat flour to increase your daily intake of whole grains!
More About Pumpkin
How to Select
Select pumpkins that are firm and heavy for their size.
How to Store
Short Term: Keep in dry, dark place. Use before skin turns soft or moldy. Long Term: Keep in dry, cool place, such as areas of basement or pantry. 2-6 months. Check regularly for mold. Freeze: Boil or bake until soft, puree or mash, pack in containers and freeze.
How to Prepare
Rinse. Cut and remove seeds. Bake, steam, microwave or boil until tender. Roast until soft, peel and pure. Make pumpkin pie, use pure for pumpkin soup, muffins, cakes, cookies, pancakes, breads & pudding. Bake or roast peeled chunks until soft with brown sugar or maple syrup.