Corn, Tomato, and Cucumber Salad
Summer in A Bowl! This refreshing mixture can be served as a salad, topping or salsa! Eating seasonal produce such as corn and tomatoes can help keep costs down and allows you to enjoy produce at its peak of flavor!
4 ears of corn, cooked (to equal about 2 to 21/2 cups corn kernels)
2 large ripe tomatoes
2 medium cucumbers
1/2 cup lime juice (or white wine vinegar)
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 medium red onion, diced
6 tablespoons parsley
1. Cut kernels from corn and place in medium bowl.
2. Seed and dice the tomatoes and cucumbers and add to the bowl.
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk together lime juice, sugar, oil, salt, and pepper. Stir in red onion and set aside.
4. Toss corn, tomatoes, and cucumbers with dressing.
5. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Add chopped parsley or cilantro just before serving.
More About Cucumber
How to Select
Choose firm, well shaped cucumbers with dark green color, that are heavy for its size.
How to Store
Refrigerate in a plastic bag with some air holes.
How to Prepare
Rinse in cold water. Trim ends. If skin is tough or waxed, peel. If seeds are hard, scoop out. Add fresh cucumber to salads and sandwiches. Have as a snack with dips. Eat raw: Add to salads and sandwiches, or have as a snack with dip. Cut into cubes with tomatoes and herbs, and add salad dressing. Make Greek cucumber-yogurt sauce, or add to cold soups.
You Might Also Like
Southern Okra Bean Stew
This stew has both beans and rice, making it a complete protein! Very hearty stew that can be a complete meal on a cool day.