Yields about 4 servings
Instead of deep-fried, fast-food chicken nuggets try this baked version. Kids can't resist them!
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons nonfat milk
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup dry bread crumbs
½ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon dried parsley, crumbled
Large plastic storage bag,
1. Cut chicken into 1” cubes. Place pieces in small bowl.
2. Pour milk over chicken. Mix lightly with spoon so that all chicken pieces are coated with milk.
3. In a plastic bag, shake together the bread crumbs, spices and Parmesan cheese.
4. Put half the chicken pieces in the bag. Shake the bag to coat the pieces evenly. Arrange these pieces on a lightly greased baking sheet.
5. Coat the second half of the chicken pieces the same way and arrange on the baking sheet. Discard any leftover milk.
6. Bake at 425 F for about 12 minutes. (Check with instant read meat thermometer for internal temperature of at least 165° F.)
You Might Also Like
Easy Red Beans and Rice
Using leftover rice, canned beans & tomatoes, this classic one-dish meal can be ready in less than 30 minutes!