1/4 cup 1% milk
salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
1 cup fat-free refried beans
1/2 cup (4 ounces) grated cheddar cheese
1 tomato, chopped
1. Mix eggs, milk and seasonings in a bowl.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet).
3. Stir in the eggs and cook until firm.
4. Warm the tortillas on a griddle, or wrap in foil and heat in the oven.
5. Warm the refried beans in a separate pan.
6. On each tortilla, layer 1/4 of refried beans, eggs, cheese, and tomato.
7. Roll the burrito, cut in half, and enjoy!
8. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Try your favorite salsa in place of the tomato. Use other vegetables that you have in the refrigerator, such as green or red bell peppers, or cooked corn. Serve with guacamole or light sour cream.
More About Tomato
How to Select
Choose plump tomatoes with smooth skins, free from bruises or cracks.
How to Store
Store at room temperature until they have fully ripened. Smell is the best indicator of ripeness.
How to Prepare
Wash with cold water before slicing. They can be eaten raw, stuffed, stewed, sauteed, grilled and much more.
You Might Also Like
Apple & Celery Harvest Salad
Celery adds a delightful crunch to this seasonal apple salad. Though low in calories it's high in flavor!