Baked Kale Frittata
Yields about 6 servings
Frittata is an egg-based dish similar to a quiche without the crust. It's delicious served for breakfast lunch or dinner!
Vegetable cooking spray
1 bunch kale ( 3 cups chopped)
1 large onion ( 1 cup chopped)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup milk
2 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese (1/2 cup grated)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
9 inch round baking pan, Sharp knife, Cutting board, Large frying pan, Mixing spoon, Box grater (if shredding cheese), Measuring cups, Measuring spoons, Large bowl
1. Preheat over to 375. Coat 9-inch round baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Wash and chop kale. Chop onion.
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium-high. Add onion. Saute 3 to 5 minutes, until soft and brown.
4. Stir in kale and water. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and allow mixture to cool.
5. In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, cheese, salt and pepper. Blend in kale mixture.
6. Pour mixture into baking pan.
7. Bake 20 minutes
8. Remove from oven and let set for 2 to 3 minutes. Slice into wedges.
This is a dish that kids can help make. A child can help wash kale leaves and tear the leaves in pieces instead of chopping.
You Might Also Like
Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins
Not your average muffin, these treats are loaded with pumpkin and cranberries.