Yields about 18 servings
Baba Ganoosh (eggplant dip with tahini: ground up sesame seeds) is a popular Middle Eastern dip and a good source of fiber.
1 medium sized eggplant (about 1 pound)
olive oil cooking spray
1 clove garlic, peeled
3 tablespoons tahini
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1. Spray a baking sheet lightly with olive oil cooking spray.
2. Cut eggplant in half. Place cut side down on baking sheet. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
3. Turn eggplant cut side up and bake for another 20 minutes.
4. Turn again to cut side down and bake for another 20 minutes, until very soft.
5. Allow eggplant to cool.
6. Put garlic, tahini, lemon juice and salt into blender. Scoop eggplant out of its skin and put into blender. Blend until smooth.
7. To serve, scoop the baba ganoosh into a shallow bowl. Sprinkle with minced parsley. Serve at room temperature or cold with pieces of pita bread.
8. This dish may be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated for at least a day.
You Might Also Like
Black Bean Veggie Patties
Topped with your favorite veggies these bean burgers (with a spicy kick from chili powder!) can't be beat!
Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins
Not your average muffin, these treats are loaded with pumpkin and cranberries.